No Sound in any program in WINE

Problems with your sound card are to be posted here, as well as tutorials to share with others.
BallsCapone

#11 Postby BallsCapone » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Ohh yea one more thing, I found your link to your WINE build in the package sharing forum but its in .DEB format. I compiled and installed WINE last time manually from the source tar.gz archive I downloaded from the WINE site. Will the .deb file overwrite the currently installed version I manually installed? I just dont want any conflicts or crazyness. I know how to manually compile and install programs, but I dont know how to manually un-install programs.

kmathern
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#12 Postby kmathern » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:35 pm

BallsCapone wrote:Ok I did some checking and I have the libasound2 package installed but not the libasound2-dev package, could this be the whole problem? Funny, usually if I'm missing something the configure script will warn me at the end that something is missing. But I guess it didnt. I installed the libasound2-dev package via synaptic package manager. You said you have a 32-bit build of Wine 1.1.39? Can you direct me to where I might download that? I would like to re-build and install wine now that I have the correct ALSA package.

Thanks alot!

http://mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25513&highlight=wine+1.1.39

BallsCapone

Fixed

#13 Postby BallsCapone » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks guys! I now have working sound and things couldnt be better!

You guys rock.

Thanks,

BC

Return to “Sound”