PlayOnLinux

Here people can ask questions concerning how to install or configure games. Anything related to games in MEPIS or linux can be asked here. Also tutorials about this can be posted here.
xToeCutter

PlayOnLinux

#1 Postby xToeCutter » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 pm

While playing with the beta, I installed wine and found in synaptic a program called PlayOnLinux. Its a front-end (like Cedega or Crossover) that installs programs in wine. I used it to install and run Guild Wars in the beta with good results. It even updated wine to 1.2. Kinda cool app so far. :clap: Here is the website http://www.playonlinux.com/en/

Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: PlayOnLinux

#2 Postby Adrian » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Heard about PlayOnLinux, never tried it before, seems like a very useful tool (and opposed to Cedega or Crossover is open source).

Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#3 Postby Adrian » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Oh, excellent, I installed Battlefield 2 and it works fine, I also see Civ 3 and Civ 4...

xToeCutter

#4 Postby xToeCutter » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Adrian wrote:Oh, excellent, I installed Battlefield 2 and it works fine, I also see Civ 3 and Civ 4...

Well how does BF2 work?

Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#5 Postby Adrian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I didn't play a lot, but it works well, I played two games, the voice over is a bit garbled, I had to do some changes to obtain 1280x1024 resolution (it was crashing when changing from the game, I had to change the "virtual resolution" in Wine). But other than that I haven't notice problems.

Return to “Gamers”