Klauncher is not running anymore

For help or questions about 64-bit version of MEPIS, this is the forum to use.
Utopia
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Klauncher is not running anymore

#11 Postby Utopia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Is there a correlation between the 2?

That's a difficult question. Could have been the reboot that fixed it.
Kde and drivers have a very complicated relationship, far above my head. Tried to learn a little about as I've had some very minor issues, but documentation for kde 4.5.3 isn't as good as for later versions. There have been problems with some NVIDIA drivers.
Henry

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#12 Postby lucky9 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 am

smilliken wrote:
lucky9 wrote:You should not be able to 'drag' an icon from the Panel to anywhere except the Panel. And then only if you unlock widgets first.

Well I did, and it came up as icedove.dekstop, I think.

And then you started having problems. Don't you think there may be some relationship between the two?
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Danum
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#13 Postby Danum » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:18 am

lucky9 wrote:
smilliken wrote:
lucky9 wrote:You should not be able to 'drag' an icon from the Panel to anywhere except the Panel. And then only if you unlock widgets first.

Well I did, and it came up as icedove.dekstop, I think.

And then you started having problems. Don't you think there may be some relationship between the two?

Lucky, sorry but you are wrong, you can drag icons to the desktop, if you cannot then something is wrong.

Unlock Widgets > click on the Cashew at the end of the panel, then drag the icon to the desktop.
Below is a pic of all the icons dragged to the desktop using the live DVD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Desktop.
Zalman Z11 Plus ATX PC Tower, AMD FX 8350 Black Edition Vishera, 8 Core 4.4 GHz, Kingston HyperX FURY Red 16GB, Nvidia GT740 Graphics, Pioneer BDR-209EBK Writer, 2 x Seagate 1TB SSHD SATA Hybrid Hard Drives. ASUS VS278Q 27 inch HD Monitor

richb
Administrator

#14 Postby richb » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 am

John.

I cannot drag from the panel to the desktop, only from the menu to the desktop.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich

Laptop: Acer V5-572G: Intel i5, 12 GIG mem, Intel graphics, SanDisk SSD, 256GB
Virtualbox: Win 7
Desktop: MX-15- 64, AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, fglrx driver, 16 GIG Mem. Samsung EVO SSD 250 GB

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#15 Postby lucky9 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:39 am

I can only Copy to and Link to the Desktop from the Menu. And from the Panel I can't even do that. Not from an icon at least. With widgets locked or unlocked.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Danum
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#16 Postby Danum » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 am

richb wrote:John.

I cannot drag from the panel to the desktop, only from the menu to the desktop.

Unlock widgets click on the Cashew, see step 1 below
In this demo I will move Dolphin, put your cursor over the Dolphin icon, step2
then drag it onto the desktop step3
close the addons bar and resize Dolphin the move it where ever on the desktop
lock widgets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Desktop.
Zalman Z11 Plus ATX PC Tower, AMD FX 8350 Black Edition Vishera, 8 Core 4.4 GHz, Kingston HyperX FURY Red 16GB, Nvidia GT740 Graphics, Pioneer BDR-209EBK Writer, 2 x Seagate 1TB SSHD SATA Hybrid Hard Drives. ASUS VS278Q 27 inch HD Monitor

Danum
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#17 Postby Danum » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:54 am

Dolphin icon moved to the Desktop from the panel,
Note this will only work using the Mepis default Desktop, which is Folder View.
Desktop.

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#18 Postby lucky9 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 am

I'll just point out that that is not dragging an icon from the Panel to the Desktop. That's considerably more involved.
--Mark Twain

Danum
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#19 Postby Danum » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:02 am

lucky9 wrote:I'll just point out that that is not dragging an icon from the Panel to the Desktop. That's considerably more involved.

What does my first post say.
"Unlock Widgets > click on the Cashew at the end of the panel, then drag the icon to the desktop."
when you click on the Cashew it give step1, and the you drag the icon to the desktop, if it is not what is it doing
Desktop.

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#20 Postby lucky9 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 am

The discussion was about dragging an icon directly to the Desktop from the Panel. With no intermediate steps.

I'm aware that I can have an icon on the Desktop from the Panel if I jump through hoops first.
--Mark Twain

Return to “64-bit Regulars”