New Manual section on Bluetooth file transfer

Threads concerning the Documentation and Wiki for MEPIS.
savvy_cowgirl
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: New Manual section on Bluetooth file transfer

#11 Postby savvy_cowgirl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 pm

I installed python-BlueZ and I tried this from another post ln -s /usr/share/kde4/apps/bluedevil/bluedevil.notifyrc ~/.kde/share/config/bluedevilfilereceiverhelper.notifyrc as suggested by Tim. This time when I tried to transfer, for a second the phone said connected and tried to transfer, and then BlueDevil crashed again....
Remember a while back one version of bluetooth worked and one didn't, I had the version of whatever it was bluetooth related and pinned it, and you figured out which version worked. But I don't remember version of what application....sorry Jerry, I don't think I'm helping much...

savvy_cowgirl
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#12 Postby savvy_cowgirl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:14 pm

ah ha! I may have something for you. I installed bluez-pcmcia-support and python-lightblue then re-booted. I had by little bluetooth usb dongle in when I re-booted (which I've done before, so don't think that's it) and tried to transfer a file. It WORKED, so I did it again, worked again. NO bluedevil crash. The only thing is, I tried changing the folder the pictures went to, it said it would but it doesn't. It keeps sending them to the folder I had originally picked. Before you could change folders, guess not now. Then I took the bluetooth dongle out and restarted BlueDevil. I doesn't work. So I am wondering for it to work if you have to have the dongle in when you start your computer, even with python-lightblue installed. But it is a start. Hope it helps. ;)

Okie2003
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#13 Postby Okie2003 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 pm

On a brand new install I followed the instructions I could transfer laptop to Palm Treo. Then following the instructions I tried Palm to laptop and got Executable: bluedevil-helper PID: 2454 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault) crash.

I followed savvy_cowgirl's example and I installed bluez-pcmcia-support and python-lightblue and rebooted. First reboot Mepis 11 did not recognize builtin bluetooth. Rebooted and this time it saw it. Tried Palm to laptop and again Executable: bluedevil-helper PID: 2454 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault) :frown:

Return to “MEPIS Documentation”