View unanswered posts | View unsolved topics | View active topics |

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
MEPIS 8.0 Community Repo - The Barry thread 
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Have thanks: 1709 times
Post # 261024
Post MEPIS 8.0 Community Repo - The Barry thread
Version 0.16 of the Barry collection of utilities for communicating with Blackberry phones is now available in the Testing Community Repository. The collection consists of:

Barybackup-gui - An easy application for backing up your Blackberry

barry-util - a collection of command line utilities for communicating with Blackberries

opensync-plugin-barry - A plugin to allow syncing of your Blackberry with Evolution or other Opensync compatible applications.

I don't have access to a Blackberry, so I can't test this myself. Anyone who can, please leave feedback here.

Enjoy!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 pm

timkb4cq thanked by: savvy_cowgirl
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Have thanks: 22 times
Post # 261110
Post Re: MEPIS 8.0 Community Repo - The Barry thread
It's FANTASTIC! I installed it previously by downloading and using kpackage, but just checked synaptic and all your things showed up as available for upgrade from the Community Repository, so I upgraded. I put an appointment on my BoldBerry, and then an appointment in kde-pim, and set alarms on both. They transferred to the opposite device fine. Both are properly in the BoldBerry and both are properly in kde-pim including the alarms. Then I tried the BarryBackUp GUI, it seemed to go just fine. One interesting thing I noticed, and it may not have anything to do with any of this, but sometimes when I used BarryBackUp before, it would remove a profile picture (or 10) after I had backed up. This time using your version, I didn't lose a single one. It was never a big deal, a couple min to add them back in, but still really nice not to have to do it. So, glow in the dark feedback. I used the "berry" programs a lot. Thanks so much for your work!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:17 pm Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Have thanks: 1864 times
Post # 261112
Do you have M11 B1 installed? If we can get a test on that, then we can send it to Warren!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Jerry3904 thanked by: savvy_cowgirl
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Have thanks: 22 times
Post # 261160
No, only Mepis 8, I've used M11 on a usb drive and posted asking how to enable AUFS because I wanted to try and see if M11 would work with the programs for the BoldBerry, but they said AUFS couldn't be enabled. That's actually one of the programs I used the most (the ones for the BoldBerry).

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]