Akonadi woes

Here is where all questions and discussions about KDE should go.
arjaybe
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Akonadi woes

#1 Postby arjaybe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm running M11, recently installed, fully upgraded with community repos, using the liquorix 2.6.39 kernel (rq for USB3 ports) and KDE4.5.1. I can't use kmail because Akonadi throws up an error. See attached image. Closing the error closes kmail.

I've tried the troubleshooting link and googled parts of the error message. The closest I felt to a solution was talk of missing resource agents, but nothing I tried works.

Has anyone seen this? Alternatively, is there an easy way to upgrade KDE? That might fix it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel Celeron 1007U with integrated HD Graphics 2500, 4GB RAM

The question is half the size of the universe, and the answer takes up the other half.

Green Comet

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Akonadi woes

#2 Postby lucky9 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Easier to enable the debian backports repository and Reload. There you can find 3.2 kernels.

# debian backports repository
deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports/ squeeze-backports main

There have always been a few reports of problems with some liquorix kernels. If liquorix give problems just install another kernel (I'd remove the old liquorix kernel first so I could use the existing menu.list)

Don't forget if using a proprietary video driver you will need to reinstall it for the new kernel.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

arjaybe
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#3 Postby arjaybe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:03 am

Thanks. I'll start by replacing the kernel.

The question is half the size of the universe, and the answer takes up the other half.

Green Comet

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#4 Postby Stevo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

We have KDE 4.6.5 and 4.7.4 in a special kde community repo, but Debian still had the old 4.4 kmail at that time. There is an upgraded libakonadi along with the new KDEs in there, though.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.

James Branch Cabell

arjaybe
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#5 Postby arjaybe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 am

Maybe I should try one of those, since it's akonadi that's the problem. Is it just a matter of enabling the repo and upgrading?

Green Comet

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#6 Postby lucky9 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 pm

I think the directions have been stickied.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33000
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

arjaybe
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#7 Postby arjaybe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm

lucky9 wrote:I think the directions have been stickied.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33000

I used Tim's method for 4.7.4 (Thanks Tim.) Had to run aptitude twice to complete the upgrade, and I'm in business. More or less. I have a functioning desktop but kmail still errors out on akonadi. It seems all that PIM stuff is still back at 4.4, so maybe it will sort itself out eventually.

Oh, well, I had a bit of fun and now I have KDE 4.7.-)

edit: Belay that! I went into systemsettings/personal information and managed to add a couple of resources and now kmail works as expected. I think I'll mark this solved.

Green Comet

Return to “KDE”