USB FlashDrive-sized computer

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board. Just don't post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MEPIS bashing. You can email the developer of MEPIS if you just want to say you dislike or hate MEPIS.
richb
Administrator

Re: USB FlashDrive-sized computer

#11 Postby richb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Should have known that, but it's been several years since I delved into home theater.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich

Laptop: Acer V5-572G: Intel i5, 12 GIG mem, Intel graphics, SanDisk SSD, 256GB
Virtualbox: Win 7
Desktop: MX-15- 64, AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, fglrx driver, 16 GIG Mem. Samsung EVO SSD 250 GB

m_pav
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#12 Postby m_pav » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Adrian wrote:You are probably right, it can use USB for power, although I see it requires HDMI 2.1 which I don't know what it is. http://www.fxitech.com/products/

I'd say it's most likely a mis-quote or typo. Hi Def Audio is where the extra speaker arrangements come from, so I doubt the devs would be touting 2.1 stereo because that's just plain old stereo output with a crossover.

I have been thoroughly investigating HDMI over distances greater than 10M lately, to get a signal to a projector 25M from the source and I find a few el-cheapo or older products touting references to HDMI 1.1, most referring to HDMI 1.2, the elite refer to 1.3 (plus a mortgage) and no options yet for 1.4.

I honestly started to consider this device, but I will leave others to bleed on the edge first, then consider the options when version 2 comes out. The Raspberry Pi might still be the better option for what I want to achieve though.

Mike P
Mike P

Regd Linux User #472293
(Mine)Lenovo T550, i7-5600U, 16GB, 128GB SSD + 1.0TB HDD, MX15 64-bit
(Wifes) Asus M4A88TD-M, AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU, nVidia GF610, 6Gb, 500GB+320GB, MX14 + KDE
(Kids) Intel NUC, J1900, 4GB, 64GB SSD, MX14 + KDE

Adrian
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#13 Postby Adrian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Talking about small computers, I also like http://www.roku.com/ it's about the same size as Raspberry Pi, it comes in a nice box, it's not only the circuit, it has a remote all for $49.99, I wonder if somebody hacked it, it would be even more interesting if somebody managed to root it.

Return to “General”