LibreOffice Impress Notes view
I am getting a presentation ready for a trip to Germany in a couple of weeks, and have noticed for the first time that the Notes page in Impress was not picking up the slide image--except for one slide! Since I want to be well prepared for Q&A in German, this page takes on importance for the first time, since usually I just ad lib everything but am feeling nervous about the state of my spoken German these days.
So I posted a question on the graveyard of the LO forum, and after a couple of days of silence headed back to Mr. Google to search the Internets again, drilling further down this time. Turns out this bug has been known for a long time, but never fixed. The workaround:
- Click on the Notes tab to get Notes view of any slide
- Click anywhere in the Slide pane (left panel)
- Ctrl-A to select all slides
- Click on the Layout menu in the Tasks (right) panel
- Click on the single Notes layout template there
- Now each slide will appear at the top of its Notes page
Irritating to have had to spend so much time figuring this out...