Downloaded ISO before updates 
MEPIS Novice
MEPIS  Novice

Have thanks: 0 time
Post # 298583
Post Downloaded ISO before updates
Hi,

Today I saw the following message at the Mepis home page:

"mepisguy: Recently Debian updated several packages in Squeeze, also I updated to Firefox 9. It's all available in SimplyMEPIS 11.0.12, uploaded today."

I think I downloaded the ISO before this message as its only today I saw this message. Should I download the ISO again or use the one I downloaded and after installation it the OS would get updated? Kindly confirm. :happy:

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:58 pm
MEPIS Enthusiast
MEPIS Enthusiast

Have thanks: 1954 times
Post # 298585
Post Re: Downloaded ISO before updates
saad1gamer wrote:
Hi,

Today I saw the following message at the Mepis home page:

"mepisguy: Recently Debian updated several packages in Squeeze, also I updated to Firefox 9. It's all available in SimplyMEPIS 11.0.12, uploaded today."

I think I downloaded the ISO before this message as its only today I saw this message. Should I download the ISO again or use the one I downloaded and after installation it the OS would get updated? Kindly confirm. :happy:
That message has been there for a while, the SimplyMEPIS 11.0.12 isos were released 29 Jan 2012.

If you grabbed the most recent iso when you installed (which looks to be within the last month or so from your posting history) you probably have the 11.0.12 release. Even if you don't, just doing normal system updates with Synaptic should get you the equivalent.

btw, the LiveDVD might show the iso version at the kdm login screen {can anyone else confirm that?}

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm
MEPIS Guide
MEPIS Guide

Have thanks: 374 times
Post # 298599
Post Re: Downloaded ISO before updates
No, there is no indication of version at either the grub screen, or at the login screen, but if you open a downloaded ISO with ark, you can click on the version file to confirm it one way or another, but then it's a moot point because the name of the ISO is usually a dead giveaway anyway.

SimplyMEPIS-1.5G_11.0.12_64
Published by: MEPIS LLC, http://www.mepis.com
Prepared by: MEPIS LLC, http://www.mepis.com

Mike P

Regd Linux User #472293
(1)Lenovo e520, i7-2640M, 8GB, 750GB Seagate Hybrid, MX-14.1_DVD (my own respin)
(2) Asus M4A88TD-M, AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU, Radeon HD 4250, 4Gb, 1.5TB, antiX-13-64

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]