Downloaded ISO before updates

Those new to MEPIS or not very experienced can post their questions here.
saad1gamer
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Downloaded ISO before updates

#1 Postby saad1gamer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi,

Today I saw the following message at the Mepis home page:

"mepisguy: Recently Debian updated several packages in Squeeze, also I updated to Firefox 9. It's all available in SimplyMEPIS 11.0.12, uploaded today."

I think I downloaded the ISO before this message as its only today I saw this message. Should I download the ISO again or use the one I downloaded and after installation it the OS would get updated? Kindly confirm. :happy:

kmathern
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Downloaded ISO before updates

#2 Postby kmathern » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm

saad1gamer wrote:Hi,

Today I saw the following message at the Mepis home page:

"mepisguy: Recently Debian updated several packages in Squeeze, also I updated to Firefox 9. It's all available in SimplyMEPIS 11.0.12, uploaded today."

I think I downloaded the ISO before this message as its only today I saw this message. Should I download the ISO again or use the one I downloaded and after installation it the OS would get updated? Kindly confirm. :happy:
That message has been there for a while, the SimplyMEPIS 11.0.12 isos were released 29 Jan 2012.

If you grabbed the most recent iso when you installed (which looks to be within the last month or so from your posting history) you probably have the 11.0.12 release. Even if you don't, just doing normal system updates with Synaptic should get you the equivalent.

btw, the LiveDVD might show the iso version at the kdm login screen {can anyone else confirm that?}

m_pav
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: Downloaded ISO before updates

#3 Postby m_pav » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 am

No, there is no indication of version at either the grub screen, or at the login screen, but if you open a downloaded ISO with ark, you can click on the version file to confirm it one way or another, but then it's a moot point because the name of the ISO is usually a dead giveaway anyway.

SimplyMEPIS-1.5G_11.0.12_64
Published by: MEPIS LLC, http://www.mepis.com
Prepared by: MEPIS LLC, http://www.mepis.com

Mike P
Mike P

Regd Linux User #472293
(Mine)Lenovo T550, i7-5600U, 16GB, 128GB SSD + 1.0TB HDD, MX15 64-bit
(Wifes) Asus M4A88TD-M, AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU, nVidia GF610, 6Gb, 500GB+320GB, MX14 + KDE
(Kids) Intel NUC, J1900, 4GB, 64GB SSD, MX14 + KDE

Return to “Newbies”