A Linux operating system based on Debian Stable
View unanswered posts | View unsolved topics | View active topics |

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Do you have any wallpapers for M 11.5? 
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Have thanks: 695 times
Post # 290410
Post Do you have any wallpapers for M 11.5?
It's time to look through your folders to find good wallpapers. If Warren decides to make the release of M 11.5, it will need something that really shines.
As there is no Art Team at the moment, it's all up to you. If you haven't collected any wallpapers during the past year, it's not to late to open Gimp and Inkscape and create new backgrounds.
No restrictions, but as always a touch of Mepis blue will make them winners in the poll.
It's to early to submit them yet, just make sure you have lots of them.
Henry

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:52 am

Utopia thanked by: Jerry3904
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Post # 290413
Post Re: Do you have any wallpapers for M 11.5?
The wallpaper is important. Except for you having to see it every day if you're to lazy to change, reviewers hardly ever see beyond the wallpaper.
If it looks fast they believe it's a fast distro. And if it's centered and well balanced they think it's a stable distro.
Henry

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Have thanks: 1913 times
Post # 290415
One thing to think about: after the last round, there was a thought that we might want to have two official wallpapers, one more creative and exciting (like Josk's current one) and a second that was more traditional (with a number of users liking a natural theme).

More economically, one could be developed whose base layer could be used for the more traditional--I use Josk's base (=no center figure, attached) that way for my everyday wallpaper and it is fabulous.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 am
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Have thanks: 32 times
Post # 290424
Jerry3904 wrote:
One thing to think about: after the last round, there was a thought that we might want to have two official wallpapers, one more creative and exciting (like Josk's current one) and a second that was more traditional (with a number of users liking a natural theme).

More economically, one could be developed whose base layer could be used for the more traditional--I use Josk's base (=no center figure, attached) that way for my everyday wallpaper and it is fabulous.

I to hope that something like this could be done on every release going forward. I do like the more traditional wallpapers myself. But a similar base look is not a bad idea. If a third could be added for lack of a better term I will call Business Oriented (Bland).

Frank D. Hubeny

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:06 am
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Post # 290427
Having two wallpapers is a good idea. But one must be the default and that's better be one with a high profile. Business style is fine for working but Mepis must sell.
It all depends what you come up with. What we have so far is a nice josk wallpaper that hasn't been used and I have a batch of new backgrounds.
At the latest poll there was very few submitters, hope for a wider participating this time.
From holiday photos presented on the forum I can see there's a lot of talent that hasn't yet been used for wallpaper making. In fact the number of submitted wallpapers based on photographic images are very few.
I look forward to see your holiday pics as Mepis backgrounds. But they must be your own so we don't get stuck in copyright questions.
Henry

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:54 am
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post # 290457
Jerry3904 wrote:
I use Josk's base (=no center figure, attached) that way for my everyday wallpaper and it is fabulous.

I like that very much. Two questions where can I get a copy and maybe Josh would not mind coming up with a similar labeled M11.5 next to the SimplyMepis or even in a treasure chest on the bottom of the Sea . It would tie the 11 series together and it is anything but traditional.

Frank D. Hubeny

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post # 290458
I thought he posted it on the Forum, but maybe he just sent it to me when we were looking at wallpapers for M11. I will search for it and post what I have (very large) tonight on the mepiscommunity.org and let you know.

EDIT: He posted it here: viewtopic.php?p=269348#p269348

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:39 pm Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post # 290459
Here's another possibility: keep this gorgeous base layer and develop a new figure layer. The base would keep the M11 identity, while the new figure would designate that it is a revision. Less work, but it would require real artistic talent. > Josk?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 pm
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post # 290460
Jerry3904 wrote:
Here's another possibility: keep this gorgeous base layer and develop a new figure layer. The base would keep the M11 identity, while the new figure would designate that it is a revision. Less work, but it would require real artistic talent. > Josk?

I like the tie in thought and the base image of course even a slight color change to the "11.5" would be alright with me. Yes it is art work so needs a willing artist. I can say all of that since I have no idea the amount of work it would take. Since I think SimplyMepis is a treasure the new figure has to a treasure chest, said with tongue tongue in cheek. :happy:

Frank D. Hubeny

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:55 pm
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Post # 290461
Quote:
keep this gorgeous base layer and develop a new figure layer.

Send a message to josk and ask him if he's willing to work on a variation. It can be submitted to the wallpaper poll.
Henry

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next