MX & MEPIS Community Forum

Linux operating systems based on Debian Stable
View unanswered posts | View unsolved topics | View active topics |



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Lenny Archive Repositories 
Author Message
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:45 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Penn's Woods
Has thanked: 875 times
Have thanks: 712 times
Post # 297880
Post Lenny Archive Repositories
For other dinosaurs like me, who are still clinging to SM 8.X, here's some information:

Since Lenny has attained EOL, the Lenny repositories have been moved to archive. Update your /etc/apt/sources.list accordingly:

Code:
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian/ lenny main non-free contrib
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian/ lenny main non-free contrib
# Security:
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
# Volatile:
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib non-free
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib non-free


Of course, don't expect to see any package updates in the future, but it's nice to know the older packages are still available for the time being (in case you have to reinstall your system). ATM I'm pretty sure the Lenny multimedia repository is still in its old location.

_________________
MX-14; 3.12-0.bpo.1-686-pae kernel using 4GB RAM
2.4GHz AMD Athlon 4600+
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE; 304.121 Display Driver
You didn't slow down because you're old; you're old because you slowed down.


Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 am

joany thanked by: malspa
Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:26 pm
Posts: 7936
Has thanked: 463 times
Have thanks: 2707 times
Post # 297885
Post Re: Lenny Archive Repositories
joany wrote:
For other dinosaurs like me, who are still clinging to SM 8.X, here's some information:

Since Lenny has attained EOL, the Lenny repositories have been moved to archive. Update your /etc/apt/sources.list accordingly:

Quote:
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian/ lenny main non-free contrib
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian/ lenny main non-free contrib
# Security:
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
# Volatile:
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib non-free
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib non-free



Of course, don't expect to see any package updates in the future, but it's nice to know the older packages are still available for the time being (in case you have to reinstall your system). ATM I'm pretty sure the Lenny multimedia repository is still in its old location.

The 'Security' and 'Volatile' repo entries you're showing weren't (or won't be) moved to archive.debian.org, they will simply no longer exist.


Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 am
Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:45 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Penn's Woods
Has thanked: 875 times
Have thanks: 712 times
Post # 297887
Post Re: Lenny Archive Repositories
kmathern wrote:
The 'Security' and 'Volatile' repo entries you're showing weren't (or won't be) moved to archive.debian.org, they will simply no longer exist.

That's funny, because when I did a "Reload" in Synaptic all the repositories shown loaded just fine.

_________________
MX-14; 3.12-0.bpo.1-686-pae kernel using 4GB RAM
2.4GHz AMD Athlon 4600+
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE; 304.121 Display Driver
You didn't slow down because you're old; you're old because you slowed down.


Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:32 am
Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:26 pm
Posts: 7936
Has thanked: 463 times
Have thanks: 2707 times
Post # 297888
Post Re: Lenny Archive Repositories
joany wrote:
kmathern wrote:
The 'Security' and 'Volatile' repo entries you're showing weren't (or won't be) moved to archive.debian.org, they will simply no longer exist.

That's funny, because when I did a "Reload" in Synaptic all the repositories shown loaded just fine.
I'm sorry I was looking here: http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/ and didn't see any Lenny "Security" or "Volatile" repos.

Looking here http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/dists/, for "Security" for instance, I do see that a Lenny repo exists.

It is probably safe to say though that you won't see any further updates from it or the "Volatile" repo.


Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 am
Profile
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:49 pm
Posts: 2685
Location: Doncaster UK
Has thanked: 116 times
Have thanks: 765 times
Post # 297892
Post Re: Lenny Archive Repositories
kmathern wrote:
It is probably safe to say though that you won't see any further updates from it or the "Volatile" repo.

Quote:
The debian-volatile project has been discontinued with the Debian "Squeeze" release
The official archive of debian-volatile has been archived on archive.debian.org.

http://www.debian.org/volatile/

_________________
Desktop.
Zalman Z11 Plus ATX PC Tower, AMD FX 8350 Black Edition Vishera, 8 Core 4.4 GHz, Kingston HyperX FURY Red 16GB, Nvidia GT740 Graphics, Pioneer BDR-209EBK Writer, 2 x Seagate 1TB SSHD SATA Hybrid Hard Drives. ASUS VS278Q 27 inch HD Monitor


Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.