Valve has some questions for you

Saist
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Valve has some questions for you

#11 Postby Saist » Thu May 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Arise from the grave oh thread with a lengthy extrapolation on the original post: http://www.gamenikkiinexile.com/g3/feat ... =20&page=1

Also, seriously, nobody on Mepis Community has any feedback for me to turn around and show to Valve?

TLeeNorris
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#12 Postby TLeeNorris » Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Steam is the Devil... :)... Hopefully they will port a way to play all games currently on steam.. including non steam games like from EA or NCSOFT... without any lag from no DX11...
GeForce GTX 560 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 // AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz 6 Cores // Patriot Viper Xtreme 16GB // GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 // Internal Blu-ray Drive // Antec TWO HUNDRED V2 // Black CoolMax 700W ATX12V

fbt
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#13 Postby fbt » Thu May 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Saist wrote:...Also, seriously, nobody on Mepis Community has any feedback for me to turn around and show to Valve?

Guess not many gamers here, or at least not on the PC.

Caesar2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#14 Postby Caesar2 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 pm

I play solitaire sometimes and nothing else and use Linux mostly for online activities. Safety and security are important. That's about all I want the world to know. bg
MOTHERBOARD ASUS|F2A85-V PRO A85 FM2 R
PROCESSOR AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD
3.8G 4M FM2 R
MEMORY 8 Gig
Segate 250 Gig

VIDEO CARD - ONBOARD AMD/ATI
TRINITY [RADEON 7660D]
vesa/fglrx BUS: PCI EXPRESS

iridesce
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#15 Postby iridesce » Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm

Saist wrote:
Also, seriously, nobody on Mepis Community has any feedback for me to turn around and show to Valve?

Steam came installed on a Dell laptop I was given a few years ago and played Portal on it - liked the game, though having to use the Win partition seems just silly to me.

When I went to the link you supplied I just ended up at the Steam homepage, so if you have a better link ...

I liked your answer to the first question and my response would be very close to it.

For the second, simply port the engine to linux. I realize there would have to be some way to use a registration code or some payment methodology to unlock each game - that to me seems the biggest hurdle. I love linux and, in the past, have been an avid pc gamer. Not so much now that the box and laptop I run primarily boot to Mepis. Yeah its an ideological choice and yeah I don't play games as often. I know I am part of an untapped market and await the coming of our open source gaming overlords.

I like Steam's approach to pc gaming and hope something can be worked out
...Ostara.................................... minni
Image Image
...Mepis 11_64...........................Mepis 11_32

MikeyD
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#16 Postby MikeyD » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:52 am

Ditto for me.

I recently switched from Windows to Mepis and although I never used steam, I am looking forward to seeing steam on Linux or some other variant.
But I definately want to see more blockbuster games. I\ve been thinking about getting into Battlefiled 3 and Skyrim I hope they will become available in Linux some time soon. Eveonline used to be available for Linux but apparently it's no longer supported.

If my memory serves me correctly, Lindows, later called Linspire was porting games to Linux through various means including VMware.
This might not be a bad market for a company like Valve to look into.

I wouldn't turn them down, if I could download and play some decent online games.

Return to “Chat”