* Add Help -> Check for updates (replaces Help -> Tips)
* Simplify the about dialog.
* Detect mplayer2.
* Use precise seeking is using mplayer2.
* Add an option in preferences -> interface to enable or not precise seeking.
* Move the open dvd, vcd and audio cd to a submenu.
* New option for command-line: -disable-server. This option disables the server used to communicate with other instances. This, of course, disables too the possibility to use a single instance.
* Move the favorite menu to the open menu, and add an icon to the toolbar.
(2012-01-13 - 2012-01-21)
* New favorite menu, where you can add your favorite videos, music, streams, youtube videos... It's also possible to add submenus.
* Use QtLockedFile instead of QxtFileLock, so we can get rid of the libqxt dependency on windows. The QtLockedFile is under the BSD license.
* The title of youtube videos is displayed correctly. And the stream url is replaced by the url of the youtube page.
* Added the Croatian translation, by jk.
* Detect asx, m3u, pls, and ram streams and pass -playlist to mplayer, so the user doesn't have to indicate if a url is a playlist.
* Added an option in preferences -> performance to select the desired quality for youtube videos.
* Added a very basic support for youtube. Now you can open urls like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq4Oj5quskI
in smplayer (Open -> URL)
* New option "Hide video window when playing audio files" in preferences -> interface.