Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Request for Assistance--Root vs User Difficulties 
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Have thanks: 90 times
Post # 297377
Post Re: Request for Assistance--Root vs User Difficulties
matelot wrote:
My Win7 partition is in the dynamic section. Always was. All I do is click on the icon in Dolphin - as user - and it mounts. Root doesn't enter the picture. Using Roadblock.

Using Roadblock32-bit with its default fstab, dolphin-as-user will not mount my NTFS partition.
Strangely enough KDiskFree as user can mount it and once mounted it opens OK in dolphin.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:50 pm
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Have thanks: 51 times
Post # 297391
Finally got home & had a bite to eat. Turned on the comp & booted into Roadblock 64. Tried Uncle Mark's method and no go. Wouldn't save as user.

Looked for Dolphin as SU---Not there--It is there on my vanilla install of Mepis 11 on the laptop. Irritation growing.

Did a Google search for Dolphin as Su--Found the post by JBoman from Jan 2012. Attempted to follow instructions by DBeckett Post # 292736 --again, no go (I'm good at instructions, but these seem to be for a specific computer, not general--anyway, didn't work) Irritation really growing

Next post by Danum Post # 292737 worked as advertised, except that I don't know how to attach an icon. Anyway, thanks for the instructions. I now have Dolphin as SU in the system section.

So, I go back to Uncle Mark Post # 297354 & mod the fstab, & Holy Cow, it worked--saved & everything. I can now see my Win 7 Disk. As Gomer Pyle said, Thank Ya, Thank Ya, Thank Ya.

Wow, I am certainly glad that I passed my flight physical yesterday--today, you would need a truck tire pressure guage to take my blood pressure.

Anyway, as always, I am very appreciative of all the assistance you folks so generously hand out to us rookies.

Jerry in Anchorage

PS--If anyone can point me to the procedures for adding an Icon, I would also be thankful for that.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:15 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Have thanks: 903 times
Post # 297395
Open the main Menu up and find the program you want to make an icon for. Left-click and drag to the Desktop (or wherever you want the icon) and let go. It will say Link here. Click on that choice.

If the shortcut icon (or any other icon) isn't what you want you can right-click on the icon and choose Properties. The left-click on the icon in the upper left of the Properties window. That will open up the icons that are available. Pick what you want.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:42 am
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Have thanks: 51 times
Post # 297396
Thanks for the reply.
I was actually trying to get an icon for the newly created Dolphin as SU command (or whatever it is called) in the System settings. When I did the KMenu Edit to create it, I didn't see the icon box next to the entry screens (it was greyed out). I went back and re-did the Dolphin as SU thing and clicked the greyed out box, & there they were.

Kinda, Sorta feels good to get one correct once in a while, regardless of how small it is.

G'Night,
Jerry in Anchorage

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2