SimplyMEPIS Magazine Question

Here you can just talk about MEPIS or post interesting topics about what you have done in MEPIS that you want to share with others.
Frank D. Hubeny
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

SimplyMEPIS Magazine Question

#1 Postby Frank D. Hubeny » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Hello Group,

I had the opertunity to look at PCLinuxOS Mag. It is a very well done product. I was wondering if anyone here has ever consider something like it. For lack of a better name "SIMPLY" comes to mind.

I have never done anything like that but would consider talking about it with anyone. If it is sellable Warren can get them money.

Frank D. Hubeny

patzy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: SimplyMEPIS Magazine Question

#2 Postby patzy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 am

Over the years I have edited magazines for a caving group and also an environmental group. After going well for a few years I found myself writing most of the material.

So the difficulty with magazines run by volunteers is that it is hard to find people with enough time (and later energy) to regularly contribute useful information.

Of course, if anyone wants to do it I would love to read it. But I have no extra time to produce material for it.

Frank D. Hubeny
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: SimplyMEPIS Magazine Question

#3 Postby Frank D. Hubeny » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Hello patzy,

I am sure that is a real problem. But it is something to think about. The Magazine I mentioned in my inital post is monthly mow. But I bet it was not at first. I also bet it had very few if any regular contributers.

If people wish to consider the thought. At first they should not consider how often they could contribute. At first they should think if it is something they may like to contribute just once to.

Thanks for spending this time with me today,

Frank D. Hubeny

Return to “Community Fun”