View unanswered posts | View unsolved topics | View active topics |

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software 
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Have thanks: 0 time
Post # 271425
Post Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software
Just wanted to say thank you for a great piece of software. Just installed 11 on a Dell Inspiron 1200 with 768mb ram, and the main "Wanted" was 3g mobile broadband. Id followed previous versions which didnt have 3g. But 11 is bang on, 3g dongle is seen and works perfectly.

Ive tried other distros, ubuntu, debian, opensuse, mandriva. Mandriva is getting too slow for my machine, ubuntu unity doesnt like my graphics card so cant run the 3d desktop, just cant get used to opensuse, debian is fantastic though.

But mepis is just sweet, fast, looks nice, does what i want, fast to boot, so all you devs have yourself a big hug here for a job well done.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 am
Administrator

Have thanks: 1431 times
Post # 271427
Post Re: Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software
Welcome to the forum Phillip! Always pleased to hear success stories like yours. Enjoy your time here and do not hesitate to ask for help and engage in the community. It is both informative and fun.

You will find the Forum How-To's and Quick Start Guide useful. The link to the guide is in the Welcome banner. Also take a look at the Forum Rules, common sense mostly, and not intended as onerous restrictions but to make this place as friendly as possible.

Rich

Acer Laptop V5-572G: Intel i5, 12 GIG mem, nVidia GT720M/Intel integrated graphics
Mx-14 Symbiosis
Kubuntu 13.10, KDE 4.11.2

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Have thanks: 1954 times
Post # 271507
Post Re: Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software
phillipchandler wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for a great piece of software. Just installed 11 on a Dell Inspiron 1200 with 768mb ram, and the main "Wanted" was 3g mobile broadband. Id followed previous versions which didnt have 3g. But 11 is bang on, 3g dongle is seen and works perfectly.

Ive tried other distros, ubuntu, debian, opensuse, mandriva. Mandriva is getting too slow for my machine, ubuntu unity doesnt like my graphics card so cant run the 3d desktop, just cant get used to opensuse, debian is fantastic though.

But mepis is just sweet, fast, looks nice, does what i want, fast to boot, so all you devs have yourself a big hug here for a job well done.

Thank for the appreciation! Warren Woodford does just about all the development of MEPIS, so deserves most of the kudos. The community has stepped up in the last couple of years to cover artwork, the manual, the community repository, and even develop a few small applets that filled in some holes.

Steve (arm is not limber enough to hug or pat self on back)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Stevo thanked by: Jerry3904
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]