Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MEPIS. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
phillipchandler
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software

#1 Postby phillipchandler » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 am

Just wanted to say thank you for a great piece of software. Just installed 11 on a Dell Inspiron 1200 with 768mb ram, and the main "Wanted" was 3g mobile broadband. Id followed previous versions which didnt have 3g. But 11 is bang on, 3g dongle is seen and works perfectly.

Ive tried other distros, ubuntu, debian, opensuse, mandriva. Mandriva is getting too slow for my machine, ubuntu unity doesnt like my graphics card so cant run the 3d desktop, just cant get used to opensuse, debian is fantastic though.

But mepis is just sweet, fast, looks nice, does what i want, fast to boot, so all you devs have yourself a big hug here for a job well done.

richb
Administrator

Re: Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software

#2 Postby richb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 am

Welcome to the forum Phillip! Always pleased to hear success stories like yours. Enjoy your time here and do not hesitate to ask for help and engage in the community. It is both informative and fun.

You will find the Forum How-To's and Quick Start Guide useful. The link to the guide is in the Welcome banner. Also take a look at the Forum Rules, common sense mostly, and not intended as onerous restrictions but to make this place as friendly as possible.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich

Laptop: Acer V5-572G: Intel i5, 12 GIG mem, Intel graphics, SanDisk SSD, 256GB
Virtualbox: Win 7
Desktop: MX-15- 64, AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, fglrx driver, 16 GIG Mem. Samsung EVO SSD 250 GB

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Simply Mepis 11 Great piece of software

#3 Postby Stevo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm

phillipchandler wrote:Just wanted to say thank you for a great piece of software. Just installed 11 on a Dell Inspiron 1200 with 768mb ram, and the main "Wanted" was 3g mobile broadband. Id followed previous versions which didnt have 3g. But 11 is bang on, 3g dongle is seen and works perfectly.

Ive tried other distros, ubuntu, debian, opensuse, mandriva. Mandriva is getting too slow for my machine, ubuntu unity doesnt like my graphics card so cant run the 3d desktop, just cant get used to opensuse, debian is fantastic though.

But mepis is just sweet, fast, looks nice, does what i want, fast to boot, so all you devs have yourself a big hug here for a job well done.

Thank for the appreciation! Warren Woodford does just about all the development of MEPIS, so deserves most of the kudos. The community has stepped up in the last couple of years to cover artwork, the manual, the community repository, and even develop a few small applets that filled in some holes.

Steve (arm is not limber enough to hug or pat self on back)

Return to “Testimonials”