Props to the CR team for Icedove 3.1.11

Discussion about the MEPIS Community's Repo.
iridesce
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Props to the CR team for Icedove 3.1.11

#1 Postby iridesce » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:30 am

Just a quick note to thank all involved with the Icedove 3.1.11 package in the community repository.

I am running Mepis 11 (Kernel: 2.6.36-1-mepis64-smp x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.4.5) ).

I have previously run Thunderbird on a variety of machines and while I do like the Mozilla concept of an email client, I have to say in the past I have been disappointed in the speed retrieving searches and in my inability to move profiles from one machine to another easily. I also like the concept of an unbranded client, so I have been trying Icedove on and off over the years with different degrees of success.

Both of those issues are in my rearview window :goingaway: now for my work notebook. Finally - it just works :happy:

I'm still too chicken to use Lightning as I won't forgive the move from Thunderbird 1.x to 2.x or 2.x to 3.x ( in which I lost the calendar completely ) and will stick with Iceowl until I can backup perfectly in case of a mistransfer of data. :crossfingers: Probably will have to develop a better understanding of the components there first.

Thanks again for all your efforts
...Ostara.................................... minni
Image Image
...Mepis 11_64...........................Mepis 11_32

Return to “CR Discussion”