View unanswered posts | View unsolved topics | View active topics |

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
New Manual section on Bluetooth file transfer 
MEPIS Rules!
MEPIS Rules!

Have thanks: 22 times
Post # 282554
Post Re: New Manual section on Bluetooth file transfer
I installed python-BlueZ and I tried this from another post ln -s /usr/share/kde4/apps/bluedevil/bluedevil.notifyrc ~/.kde/share/config/bluedevilfilereceiverhelper.notifyrc as suggested by Tim. This time when I tried to transfer, for a second the phone said connected and tried to transfer, and then BlueDevil crashed again....
Remember a while back one version of bluetooth worked and one didn't, I had the version of whatever it was bluetooth related and pinned it, and you figured out which version worked. But I don't remember version of what application....sorry Jerry, I don't think I'm helping much...

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 pm
MEPIS Rules!
MEPIS Rules!

Have thanks: 22 times
Post # 282558
ah ha! I may have something for you. I installed bluez-pcmcia-support and python-lightblue then re-booted. I had by little bluetooth usb dongle in when I re-booted (which I've done before, so don't think that's it) and tried to transfer a file. It WORKED, so I did it again, worked again. NO bluedevil crash. The only thing is, I tried changing the folder the pictures went to, it said it would but it doesn't. It keeps sending them to the folder I had originally picked. Before you could change folders, guess not now. Then I took the bluetooth dongle out and restarted BlueDevil. I doesn't work. So I am wondering for it to work if you have to have the dongle in when you start your computer, even with python-lightblue installed. But it is a start. Hope it helps. ;)

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:14 pm

savvy_cowgirl thanked by: Jerry3904
MEPIS Rules!
MEPIS Rules!

Have thanks: 3 times
Post # 282672
On a brand new install I followed the instructions I could transfer laptop to Palm Treo. Then following the instructions I tried Palm to laptop and got Executable: bluedevil-helper PID: 2454 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault) crash.

I followed savvy_cowgirl's example and I installed bluez-pcmcia-support and python-lightblue and rebooted. First reboot Mepis 11 did not recognize builtin bluetooth. Rebooted and this time it saw it. Tried Palm to laptop and again Executable: bluedevil-helper PID: 2454 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault) :frown:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Okie2003 thanked by: Jerry3904
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2