Linux operating systems based on Debian Stable
View unanswered posts | View unsolved topics | View active topics |

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
IP's scambled 
Administrator

Have thanks: 1500 times
Post # 300081
Post IP's scambled
May be of help to others. I have four devices connected to my wireless router. This morning I could not print to my wireless printer. I discovered that the IP addresses were switched. Resetting them to the correct devices corrected the problem.

Rich

Production: Acer Laptop V5-572G: Intel i5, 12 GIG mem, nVidia GT720M/Intel integrated graphics
Mx-14.2 Symbiosis
Virtualbox: Windows 7
Alternate: Kubuntu 14.10, KDE 4.11.2

Mon May 21, 2012 12:39 pm
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Have thanks: 376 times
Post # 300082
Post Re: IP's scambled
seems odd that that would happen... IPs, even with DHCP shouldn't be rearranged, especially with the usual default long lease times that are used.

did you have a power surge/outage? i'd make sure your firmware is up to date, and perhaps a reboot of your router (if it's left constantly on) is in order.

i know i've had weird, frustrating networking issues with default firmwares only to have the issues go completely away with the installation of dd-wrt firmware.

Mon May 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Administrator

Have thanks: 1500 times
Post # 300084
Post Re: IP's scambled
GoManutd wrote:
seems odd that that would happen... IPs, even with DHCP shouldn't be rearranged, especially with the usual default long lease times that are used.

did you have a power surge/outage? i'd make sure your firmware is up to date, and perhaps a reboot of your router (if it's left constantly on) is in order.

i know i've had weird, frustrating networking issues with default firmwares only to have the issues go completely away with the installation of dd-wrt firmware.

I thought it odd as well. Never occurred before. Firmware is up to date, manufacturers version. I will try a router reboot if it happens again, but as of now everything is communicating correctly.

It is possible an undetected power outage occurred over night. However the desktop computer which is always on, did not reboot, which happens if there is a power outage.

Rich

Production: Acer Laptop V5-572G: Intel i5, 12 GIG mem, nVidia GT720M/Intel integrated graphics
Mx-14.2 Symbiosis
Virtualbox: Windows 7
Alternate: Kubuntu 14.10, KDE 4.11.2

Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]